Thread: Fn 1922

Default Fn 1922

So I purchased a FN 1922 that was listed as .32 ACP. When I got it is was in rough shape though I do love these old Brownings. A little TLC is what is needed as I doubt it's been cleaned in ages - even rust. Unfortunately though, it was listed incorrectly, it's no doubt 9mm kurz, the problem is I don't shoot .380, I don't have the dies or molds. So the question is; should I find a barrel in 7.65, there should be no problem switching them out and putting the original barrel up, and firing 7.65 in it should there?

It appears to be a Dutch Contract as it mounts a lanyard ring, no waffen stamps, and still has original horn grips. Years ago I had one in .380 that was a bit snapish firing. I prefer it in 7.65 and thought I lucked out - well, for the price, I really did. If it is like the 1910 as far as interchangeable barrels, would anyone know where a .32 barrel is to be had?

If it were me, I'd just sell the Dutch 9mmk and buy one of the 7,65mm.
    Ned

There were a LOT of these made and parts show up often on Gunbroker or even Ebay. Keep watch and another barrel in 32acp will show up eventually. You may want to get a magazine marked 32 acp(7.65) as well. Make sure you don't lose the original barrel as it's likely numbered to the pistol.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Quote Originally Posted by james m View Post
    There were a LOT of these made and parts show up often on Gunbroker or even Ebay. Keep watch and another barrel in 32acp will show up eventually. You may want to get a magazine marked 32 acp(7.65) as well. Make sure you don't lose the original barrel as it's likely numbered to the pistol.
    Jim
    Thanks Jim, that's what I thought. All I need is a barrel, I have plenty of original magazines for .32.

Frank

You do not even need a 7.65 mag. 7.65mm barrels are a dime a dozen, easy to find.

Good luck
    Anthony
    Author of FN Browning Pistols, FN Mauser Rifles, Holsters & Shoulder-Stocks of the World
    Co-author of Allied Rifle Contracts, Browning Auto-5 Shotguns
    Publisher of VIS Radom, The FN-49
    www.fnbrowning.com

That's what I was hoping though I'm not having much luck. Any chance you would know a few sources?

Just a tip for folks out here. Whenever I take original parts from a firearm, whether broken, worn, or just replaced, they go in a jewelers plastic bag designed for the jewelry industry. They make these bags with white block to write on, and impregnated with an anti tarnish compound. In the white block I put the nomenclature and the guns serial number. If you put a metal part in dry - it will not rust, cleaned - it will not tarnish. They can be gotten at Rio Grande jewelry supply.

I have seen barrels in new condition on ebay recently (though not right now) in the $60-80 range. I believe.