Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1923 Safe & Loaded

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dwight Gruber 
#1 ·
In various Luger reference books, when a "1923 Safe & Loaded" is examined, the statement "American Eagle over chamber is sometimes encountered" is used to describe the Luger. Does anyone know approximately how many Safe & Loaded Lugers have the American Eagle crest? Or where can this information be found? I have looked in all the books I know of and nothing. Please don't confuse this with a Stogers Luger. Many thanks,

Mike

#2 ·
Mike,

I don't think it is possible to estimate how many Safe/Loaded Eagles there might be. There were 2,000 of the actual Safe/Loaded variation assembled (not Kenyon's 7,000); of the examples I have recorded there is one with an American Eagle chamber.

It is useful to remember that the serial range of the recognized Safe/Loaded variant is about 89600-91600, with a little room to slide the range at the ends. There are occasional reports of P-08-style Commercials with Safe/Loaded and Eagles elsewhere in the commercial range, but these are individual pistols and very much outside the norm.

--Dwight

#3 ·
Mike,

I don't think it is possible to estimate how many Safe/Loaded Eagles there might be. There were 2,000 of the actual Safe/Loaded variation assembled (not Kenyon's 7,000); of the examples I have recorded there is one with an American Eagle chamber.

It is useful to remember that the serial range of the recognized Safe/Loaded variant is about 89600-91600, with a little room to slide the range at the ends. There are occasional reports of P-08-style Commercials with Safe/Loaded and Eagles elsewhere in the commercial range, but these are individual pistols and very much outside the norm.

--Dwight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.