Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Finally ! My Finnish Lahti L-35

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  jpth 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a Finnish Lahti L-35, non-import marked, all original and matching for years. They have always eluded me. I am finally able to scratch this one off my list and share it here.

What I have here for your consideration is all matching, non-import marked 3rd version of the gun. The magazine is SA marked. The holster has been modified in the rear, but is SA marked. The cleaning rod is one I have not seen before. It is SA marked but two piece. It is missing the tip. The loading tool and other Finnish magazine are not marked but at least it is a Finnish made magazine as told by the white body. The gun overall does have some minor blemishes but for how scarce they are to find in non-import marked or replaced with a later slide, I can over look that.
Comments of course are always welcome.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys for the comments. This was a tough one to acquire at least for me. The ones I would see always were mostly reworked at some point in their life and the slide replaced or import marked. I could have bought one made after the war, they seem to pop up regularly but I wanted a war dated one. I just made the cut off with this one! From what I read, The last of the post Continuation War was serial Number 6800 and the last one delivered to the Finnish Armed Forces was serial number was 6731. so mine was one of the last 49 delivered.

#10 ·
Thanks guys for the comments. jp, you know I had wondered about the rod. I never saw one like it before. It came with it so I was not about to turn down the entire rig because of that. most of the ones I see are one piece and have the slot on the end then the only difference is in the handle. Some, the handles are like this one and others are looped like the Husqvarna's for the M40's. very little information is out there on the accessories. I had also wondered about the 2nd magazine not being marked but did find that the white bodied magazines are indeed Finnish and not M40 magazines.

#15 ·
Congratulations ! Great pick-up Sam ...... your hard work looking has paid off for you

With this fine specimen I'd say you're Finnished !!

........... well, at least in the L-35 category ;-)

#18 ·
Your cleaning rod is correct. The cleaning rod is too long for any rifle kit bag. It fits perfectly in the holster and I have owned over 20 Lahti holsters almost all had the same cleaning rod in them. The one with the loop is Swedish. There is also a brass cleaning rod that is similar that also is for the Lahti. I believe the rod shown was a later rod.

#19 ·
Hello.
Once more a pic about the accessories. I am from Finland and have a good access for good history books made by finnish researches (Sotilaskäsiaseet Suomessa 1918-1988 osat 1-3/ The military handguns in Finland...).
It is very clear that the rod is a finnish design. NOT a swedish rod. Read the text next to the picture.
The old military items were sold abroad and they were mixed, obviously, with some other stuff.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.