Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Widow price

Default Black Widow price

https://bucksgunrack.com/product/luger-p08/

I think i posted the link correctly.

I have first dibbs on this pistol. When I asked about matching numbers on the inside, they told me I would have to complete the sale transaction and they would verify. If any parts are not matching I can get a full refund. I asked about this policy and they claim many people ask the same question and want them to strip and verify the parts and they spend to much time doing this for those just widow shopping (pardon the pun). So anyways if its not a full matching parts gun i can get a full refund..

So my question is what do you all think of the piece and the price.

Thanks very much

I wonder why the "31" looks off center.
    You will need to verify that the grips are legit as well.

Can't comment on the price or the piece but they only have to strip it once to find out whether it's all matching or not for the many people they say ask the same question. Given the importance people attach to all matching and the premium price all matching attracts their attitude seems a bit strange.

Mike

Hi Roger,
    Welcome to the forum! The gun looks righteous, at least the parts shown in the photos, and the price isn't crazy so I think it's worth a shot (puns must be contagious!).
    Local gun shops like this one can't afford to piss off customers and I'm sure that if there did prove to be a mis-matched part that you would get your money back.
    Regards, Norm

Yea I didn't quite understand it either. Its probably just a way to get me to commit. So thats way I'm asking for opinions. The finish seems a little weird but I'm no expert.

So i guess I'm asking if this is a 2k gun if it has all matching numbers?

Thanks Roger

In my own Luger searches I view any evasion (such as refusal to answer a basic question on matching parts) as a red flag and pass. If you know what you are doing you can verify parts numbers and re-assemble in a couple minutes. Saying they don't have time to check, but will make time to refund your money if there is a problem sounds like BS.

It is always challenging to judge finish from photos. On this one, I can't tell if it is original finish or not but going just from the photos I agree with your 'weird' comment, the finish looks a little too blue to me. $2,000 should buy a very nice original finish '41.

well, I just did the - hit back a page and lost all my words, which were probably so full of wisdom...... anyway - good advice above
    As a luger collector, I can take apart a luger in a flash, and think nothing about it, same as a 1911. But a gun shop has lots of items that come through their hands - stuff like dreyes, C96 would scare the living daylights out of me in wanting it taken apart. So, although its easy to us, a policy of 'money back if not matching' likely seems smart for a LGS.

Ed

if you decide to buy it..get this dumb policy on paper, pay with a credit card.
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
    719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

I think the gun shop's policy is fair and reasonable. Guns in general, and Lugers in particular, do not improve by being disassembled. Their offer of a full refund is more than you would get when buying a gun at auction. All that auction houses guarantee are that "all visible numbers match".
    Norm

Yes but...it is disassembled ONCE..determined to be all matching then WHOEVER is interested can be assured it is all matching yes? Seems that the dealer is ignorant to it's present condition and will what? Rely on the buyer to take it home and molest it there? Then bring it back and declare it isn't matching? Dealer then says prove it so you take it down at the counter anyway. IMO if you can't field strip a Luger without damage you should get out of the gun business.
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
    719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast