Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1936 S/42 Data Request

Roko Guest

Hi Jan !

1936 S/42, sn 4384i, DE/63(sm) DE/63(med?) ETP?, grips unnumbered ( on the left one letter N ),
    Mag 122 Code, SE/37, blue, it is marked only letter h on alu bottom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default 1936 Data

1936 S/42 6306f DE 63 (sm) DE63 (sm) MTP Nickel matched Mag +
    Blank grips. Barrel proof of this all matching 36 has ETP horizontal.

Regards Alister (a j s)
    a j s

Default 1936 S/42 Military Police

Perhaps I should post my example before it is too late for any meaningful purpose; Update ( 9 Feb 2009 ); it has been brought to my attention that perhaps I should show some detailed postings of the sear safety in particular seeing that the serial number of this weapon falls outside of known range for other similar weapons, so here it is;
    Last edited by huggiebear; 02-09-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Government is the only enterprise in the world which expands in size when its failures increase. kk

Roko and Alister
    Thanks for your 1936 S/42 data. It has been entered above.
    John
    Your 1936 Army Police rig has been entered in the data base. It is matched to a brown police holster. This would be the Landjagerei or as it was designated in 1934 the Gendarmerie. This may be an indication of the designation of these sear safety Army Lugers. Any additional information on Army police Lugers matched to holsters would be very helpful. Another Prussian Landjägerei Police Luger with matching brown holster. POLICE 29 DWM, SN 3541t, RIGJan C Still https://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...light=1929+DWM
    Thanks
    Jan

1936 S/42, sn 7389i, DE63 DE63 MTP, sear safety, Mag: crimped nickel plated 1 / 7389 / i / + / DE63; Mag blued extruded side frame marked convex pinned 2 / 7389 / i / E/L; holster brown police SCHAMBACK & CO. / BERLIN / 1943; sn 7389 on front.
    Jan C Still
    Site Owner - Operator

CORRECTION!

After reading more carefully the FAQ section of this forum, I now realize that I misunderstood what the sear safety was. My Mauser Luger does NOT have the police sear safety, and therefore the CORRECTED information as to my pistol is as follows:

1936, S/42, sn 4010, DE/63 DE/63, MTP, No Sear Safety, No "N" or "O", Matched mag in nickel, Large S in 42, with brown leather buckle flap holster stamped "C.BUD[illegible]SKY WIEN 1940" "[Nazi Eagle" "P.08" containing non-matching blued mag #1404 and appropriate tool. Face of holster has "B. MILLER 4010" handwritten on it in black ink. I am guessing that this information on the outside of the holster is some "bring-back" information and serves to relate the holster to the weapon itself (i.e. the 4010 on the holster matches the s/n of the pistol). Perhaps a bunch of these weapons were dumped on someone's desk at the end of the war to prepare "bring-back" papers, and the clerk or whoever was completing the bring-back papers wrote the name of the GI on the holster along with the serial number of the weapon so that the holster and the weapon would not get separated. Is that a reasonable assumption?

My earlier posted question is therefore corrected as follows: since my Luger does not have any Kreigsmarine property number and does not have a police sear safety, may I assume this pistol is military issue?

Hello! I finally am a Luger owner as of a week ago. Found you guys, the great info you have here and thought I could add my gun to the data base.

Serial no. 6901g, DE/63, DE/63, MTP, sear safety, matching Haenel nickel mag #1, no no.s on grips but capital letter V on left, matching no.s on all parts. No police markings.

The gent I bought it from says he has the holster with the serial no. on it but can't locate it right now. If it ever appears, I'll update.

Pictures here...
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ger/?start=all

Last edited by Lanc0508; 01-21-2011 at 12:03 PM.

ghkain and Lanc0508
    Both Lugers should have a letter suffix under the serial number on the front of the frame. What is this suffix.
    Thanks
    Jan
    Jan C Still
    Site Owner - Operator

1936 S/42, 6484g, DE63, DE63, MTP, Police sear safety, matching Police Type 1 magazine numbered 1, sharp barrel band, unnumberred grips, barrel proofing is oriented sideways and double-stamped.

1936 S/42, 8871o, DE63, DE63, MTP, non-matching grips or mag, unusual extra steel at base of frontstrap.

Chuck
    Thanks for the 1936 S/42 information. Table updated.
    Jan
    Jan C Still
    Site Owner - Operator

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast