Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

LPO8 Rework

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  refurb 
#1 ·
Enclosed are pics of a LPO8 barrel matted to a frame with what I think are Weimar Police era unit marks. Curious the barrel only has 1921 on it and the frame has a high serial number way out of bounds for an LPO8. But the frame has been cut out to allow the rear sight to nest flat. I think this is a Bubba rework and not a legit Weimar era rework. Grips look brand new and no serial numbers on trigger plate.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, bubba has been assembling this "frankenluger".
Front sight is not original, and I believe the barrel may be a bit short.

#3 ·
Barrel has definitely been shortened and, as Don said, the front sight is not original; the base is not correct.

However, if it shoots reliably, you can be happy to have it.

Have a look at a proper Artillery barrel and sight below. (The adjustable front sight feature using the adjustment screw was later dropped and the front sight had to be drifted)

#4 ·
The pistol is from the 1921 DWM army contract. It is in a part of the commercial serial range where many pistols are found routed to the army. The frame and upper belong together (the barrel, of course, is cobbled on, and if you look closely you will probably find that the rear toggle sight has been ground away). The unit mark is from the provisional 1921 marking regulations, and represents 3. (Preussische) Kraftfahrabteilung, the third Prussian Motorized section, weapon number 5. An interesting, albeit ruined, pistol.

--Dwight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.