Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Helmut Eppe HSc

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  rsparacino2 
#1 · (Edited)
Helmut Eppe started his career with Industriewerke Karlsruhe, the continuation of DWM. After IWK merged with Keller und Knappich in Augsburg to become IWKA, and the subsequent termination of the ammunition branch, Helmut Eppe transferred to Mauser in Oberndorf and joined the management of Mauser. He was responsible for the small arms branch until its closure in 1999.

His personal pistol is a standard HSc, with a finely executed gold monogram on a silver backing inlaid in the left grip panel.

The engraving was done by master engraver Dieter Günther.

See less See more
#2 ·
The graves of Helmut Eppe and Dieter Günther at the upper Oberndorf cemetery. They are buried not far apart.

#4 ·
Thank you for the photos and bit of history. 14 years ago I had never heard of an HSc. That is when my son who 14 at the time and already knew more about military history than most will ever know told me he wanted an HSc. With his help and a short search we came across what is now the pride of my own German pistol collection. Thanks again, John

#8 ·
He also liked drinking and smoking :D

He was also certain there was still business for Mauser in South-America.

I have some of his other guns here, a Mauser 300SL air rifle and a prototype Mauser .22lr sports revolver. The museum in Oberndorf kept his rifles, at least some of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.