Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

GREAT article on Luger commercial holsters.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  03man 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Jerry,

Thanks for posting. I was glad to see that R. T. Frazer, Pueblo, Co. was listed. The picture of the "Cowboy" was certainly in the romantic concept. I note that he is wearing cuffs. Cuffs were used for roping and branding. The whang leather hanging off the back of the cuff would have either been caught between the saddle horn and the rope or caught fire from the branding iron. If you ever been around cowboys that have done much roping, you'll notice that they are missing one of their little fingers, always in danger of getting caught between the rope and the saddle horn.
Pat

#3 ·
Pat, yes! Interesting stuff. I WAS a cowboy in the early years but found the life too rough for my tender age so I went into deep rock mining, drilling & blasting..that was so dangerous I figured I would try my luck with the US Army Airborne in the Central highlands..after that I got married. It's been a rough life...but I still got my pinkies!

#4 ·
Boy, Jerry,

I'd be hard pressed to decide which was more dangerous, cowboying or dynamiting. Maybe dynamiting cause it acts the same, most times You never know when one of them jugheads or knotheads are going to trample you to death. Sounds like you and I never figured we'd live this long.
Pat

#5 ·
Neat article. Here is my commercial holster. Found it years ago in an El Paso gun shop with a 1900 Commercial Luger (not American Eagle) inside. Pretty sure it has been in the area for a long time. It has a number on the belt loop and I suspect it might be a "Tio" Sam Myres holster but no way to tell.
Ron

Attachments

#6 ·
I have long been an admirer and collector of American made Luger holsters although my collection is modest compared to Mr Whittaker's. They are, for the most part, plentiful and cheap (except for Navy and Artillery lengths!), and I always keep an eye out for them when walking through a gun show. I especially like the open-top variety as they are more flamboyantly American. Here are two that I'm particularly proud of.
Norm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.