Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chromed 1937 S/42 Value

It is a shame the holster is so damaged. I chose to keep the holster due to it being serialized to the gun on the back and it has a police mark next to the waa stamp. Too interesting to chunk.

Finally off hold and I paid for it. Still have to wait 10 days. Commiefornia at its best.
    I didn't know, but it came with 3 magazines, not 1. Could an expert tell me what they are? Thanks.
    Can't wait to shoot it. I'd be afraid to shoot it if it was un-fooled with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The wood bottom magazine is a definitely a commercial magazine

Thanks. Its serial 7212 with the "+". The other 2 are unmarked. One has a clear plastic bottom.

The magazine on the far left, I believe is for a Mauser Banner Police Luger...and later manufacture, so not even period correct...if you scraped off the chrome, you would probably find the Haenel/Schmeisser Patent stamping, including the "arrow" logo...though not entirely sure, since I am not that knowledgeable about the Mauser Police Banners...

The Haenel/Schmeisser magazines are of extremely high quality, and somewhat rare...I would definitely hold on to that one, of the three magazines...

Edward

Thanks. That mag seems to have a more square bottom, and longer?
    The wood base one has very faint proofs above and below the serial, and rectangular dimples. So Erfurt?

Picked it up today and cleaned it. Should be a good shooter. All matching. I sold 2 of the magazines, so I paid under $700 for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a Luger expert here but it's hard to find anything under $1K so I think you did good. Enjoy it!
    NAPCA, NRA Benefactor

https://luger.gunboards.com/showthre...PPY!*-1917-DWM

^ My thread detailing the work I did on a very ugly nickel plated/rusty 1917 DWM a few years back. I got that gun for dirt cheap though. In your case, I would leave that gun the way it is and enjoy it as a shooter. Even doing a strip and re-blue yourself will cost more than the gun will be worth in the end, considering what you paid for it.

I have been waiting to shell out $350 for another nickel plated P.08 owned by a fellow gun club member. It’s an S/42 with a very clean and intact plating job. One matching mag and one non. I saw him shooting it almost a year ago and he said he’s willing to let it go for $350 due to its collector value being gone. He’s right, and that is a very fair price.

"I have been waiting to shell out $350 for another nickel plated P.08 owned by a fellow gun club member. It’s an S/42 with a very clean and intact plating job. One matching mag and one non. I saw him shooting it almost a year ago and he said he’s willing to let it go for $350 due to its collector value being gone. He’s right, and that is a very fair price."

It would be a bargain at twice the price, JMHO.
    03man - Don Voigt
    Luger student and collector
    Looking for DWM mil.side plates- 69 and commercial # 32, Dreyse "K.S.Gendarmerie"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast