Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Newly purchased 1900 American Eagle Test Luger!

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Tim Hawkins 
#1 ·
Cannot believe this one came into show, took awhile to narrow it down but I believe this to be a nice but worn 1900 "Test" model. No Germany stamp, no proofs, numbered on shaft of the takedown lever and dead on in the serial number range of 6100-7100 at number 6276. Sellers grandfather won it in poker game while in Air Force. Will research it awhile before eventually putting it up for sale. Has the marking in the well, but nothing on wood base which is fairly worn.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow, that is great news Steve. I am amazed how these things pop out of the woodwork. That is an increase of 4 new serial numbers (up from 397 to 401) of surviving examples in the 6100-7100 serial number range that have surfaced since the last list I posted in October. Most years we are lucky if one or two show up. It is a new year and a new decade, so I guess it is time to get the updated list here on the forum as there are also a few additions to the "out of range" serial numbers.
Thanks for sharing your very nice acquisition Steve, it is in quite good condition.
Ron

#13 ·
I agree with Ron. This is why the front sight ramps of most lugers have the same cuts.
Tim H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.