Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Anomalous serial # 1906 Navy Luger 2nd issue

857 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  norme 
#1 ·
I have examined a 1906 2nd issue. 90% original blue and straw, bore good - some frost and one small patch of pitting clear lands and grooves, small chip in the left grip just under the safety. Proofs are correct, safety locks at the top, Gesichert correct placement, grip safety, geladen on extractor, all numbers match, including grips, except rear toggle :’-( , which is a fixed sight rear toggle with a different # , but well fitted, and WW2 aluminum base mag.

It has been untouched and unfired by the family since WW2 and was reportedly a kreigsmarine Uboat capture by a family member stationed at a US Navy anti sub “blimp” base in South America.(?)
Here is the question: the three digit serial number is three digits over a “b.” “5XX” over the cursive “b.” On both the underside of the barrel and the frame.”

Anyone have any ideas? It’s only 500 outside the range as I understand for the 2nd issue, and it’s not an ‘08, or a ‘14; but for the “b” I’d bet the farm on it being an ‘06 2nd issue.

Anyone? Bueller?

#3 ·
Hi Alan,
There's no mystery here, this gun is well within the known range of 1906 2nd Issues which ends at 998b. If you send me a PM (personal message) with your email address and the gun's serial number I'll send you the link to the current Navy List.
Regards, Norm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.