Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Rock Island Auction April Sale

979 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ADBM3 
#1 ·
There are a number of interesting Imperial Navy Lugers (and stocks) in the upcoming R.I.A. sale. The most interesting, from my point of view, is lot #1602, a decent looking 1916 Navy #5709 with non-matching stock #5732. The gun itself showed up in Canada in 2016, but since then someone has seen fit to restraw the small parts. The stock, which looks authentic, has a disc which has been faked. The C/M is way too large and is inverted.
Norm
https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...-model-1914-navy-luger-with-stock-accessories

#2 ·
Starting from 2020, RIAC charges "state sales tax" on buyers in many states (37 states?). That's very negative. For relatively low value items, that's not a big deal. But for C&R worth thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars, that state sales tax is a big blocker.

#3 ·
For the Sales Tax issue you can thank the Supreme Court for overturning their own Stare Decisis on the Quill Decision, which rightly banned interstate collection of sales tax where there is no nexus in the state of purchase. Because of the resultant explosion of on-line markets following Quill and to the States that were losing revenue due to their liberal social policies there was a never ending drum beat by State AG's to find revenue. I fear that the result of this decision by attorneys who are unpracticed in financial matters will lead to a national sales tax, which will be in addition to the income tax. One, potentially, nasty side effect is that intermediary retailers (e-Bay, Amazon, ad nauseum) to now be required to collect and remit tax directly to the state obviating compliance at the individual level, i.e. tax collection is now vastly more efficient and regular. I'm still scratching my head over a conservative court's thinking on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.