Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need a K Date expert!

Default I Need a K Date expert!

Bob Young was the K Date guy but like all good things he went to his reward. Is anyone else out there who would entertain a question or two about a couple of oddities on a K Date I have?
    I contacted Don Hallock but so far no response. The question & answer is not to be found in his excellent book..
    So if anyone would like to discuss this for a couple of minutes please contact me.
    Thanks..I can send a couple of photo's to your phone or email.
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
    719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

Jerry
    I have Don's book and will be glad to look for you. If the answers are in there, I'll let you know.
    Pat

Sorry Jerry, I had my other glasses on when I read your post the first time. I see now, that you say the answers are not in the book.
    Pat
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    San Francisco, CA, May 13, 1903
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

Pat, Thanks! Yes, I poured over the K Date section at some length. I finally touched base with Don Hallock and he helped me out. Lots of variance in the very early K dates from parts collected hither & yon when Mauser first started production. . Nothing like having a pistol to do an in depth study of the type! I have always wanted one to do just that with..A very early one, #510 is a special treat.
    Thanks, I appreciate the offer to help!
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

719 207-3331 (cell)

Thank you, Jerry,

I'm glad you got the help you needed. I hope, at some point, you will post pictures.
    I have an early K Date and it's always good to see another for comparison.
    Pat
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

Jerry: I have number 1043 if that will be of any help...Bill
    They say I have ADD, but I don't think they know...HEY! LOOK! A CHICKEN!!

Just an other place to check out!
    https://luger.gunboards.com/showthre...e-DATA-REQUEST
    Happy Hunting!
    Peter
    Ein Soldat
    Looking for K date Luger mag. the base needs to have the acceptance mark O-37 with #1088 with no Suffix number the mag. body on the spine needs to display the Haenle H
    Thanks for looking Pete

Peter, Thanks..none of the photo's show up. Not Found

The requested URL /uploaded/joop van de Kant/200636184137_MauserBump.jpg was not found on this server.
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

719 207-3331 (cell)

I've got #1503. What are the unusual issues or characteristics of your early K date? Maybe we can learn something here. Thanks.
    Tim H.
    When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
    ---Thomas Jefferson, 1808

Tim, I sent you and Peter photo's of the pistol. Peter, Many thanks for your generous offer. From what I can tell so far from Don Hallock it will likely remain a mystery of the birthing pains Mauser was experiencing at the start of Luger production in 1934. The pistol in question is #510 made in the 1st month/s Mauser began making them.
    My question was about the barrel band. It has a smooth contour into the barrel rather than the abrupt angular drop expected on a K date. Don Hallock attributes this to being a DWM barrel Mauser inherited. The other oddity on this barrel is a tiny stick wing eagle/swas at the base. This is of course a much later marking that wouldn’t have been possible in 1934 so where/when/why was it placed there? Don said it may have passed thru the Police to get it but Tom Harp says that doesn’t make sense ? But I don't know.
    Anyway, I will send you photo’s so you can entertain yourself!
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

719 207-3331 (cell)

Jerry,

The K Date I have is #268. It has the same type of barrel band as your's. I also attribute it to the DWM parts Mauser receiver. It has the Mauser Hump with no dimples in the stock lug which means the frame is DWM. The upper has the commercial finish that DWM used but all the stamping is very early Mauser K Date.
    Pat
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast