Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need a K Date expert!

Pat, Shoot me your email and I will send you a photo spread of this pistol. Mine has the Mauser hump and dimples as well as the thum defect on the front right of the receiver?
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
    719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

Thanks Jerry,

Will do, my Email is [email protected]. Let me know if you want any shots of my K Date. I'll get it out of the safe and take some pictures.
    Pat
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    San Francisco, CA, May 13, 1903
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

Yes of course! Sent photo's.
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

719 207-3331 (cell)

My K date, #1503, has the usual sharp barrel band. The only other barrel markings are the o/37 accept. and the droop wing eagle.
    Tim H.
    When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
    ---Thomas Jefferson, 1808

Tim,

Where does the droop wing eagle appear?
    Pat
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

Right side rear of my barrel. And in the proof mark line.
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

719 207-3331 (cell)

Tim and Jerry,

I've always seen these stamps identified as test eagles. There should be 3 test eagles on K Dates. One on right receiver, nearest to barrel. One on the right barrel, near receiver. On very early K Dates the test eagle on the barrel is at about the 2 oclock position. Later guns have this eagle inline with the receiver proofs. One on the left breech block.
    Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

I'll have to check mine tomorrow when I have gun in hand. I think my barrel eagle is at 2 o'clock also.
    Tim H.
    When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.

Tim,

another interesting mark on the barrel is the 0]37 stamp on the left side, near the receiver. It was done with a roll stamp, because it's on a curved surface. The die mark got the spacing on the umlauts a little long. It's the only 0]37 stamp on the gun where umlaut are so far apart.
    Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

Pat,
    My barrel eagle is at the 3 O'clock position in line with the marks on the receiver. The O]37 is on the left side of barrel in the same position as yours.
    Tim H.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast