Thread: Mauser Police Lugers vs. Militaries

Default Mauser Police Lugers vs. Militaries

I may not be the brightest bulb in the kitchen, but where is the logic whereby people are paying more for common BYFs (so called widows) which were produced in the tens of thousands, as opposed to Mauser police banners, which were limited to about 25000 units? Some BYFs are bringing nose-bleed prices on par with Krieghoffs......It don't make sense.

Hype. Lack of knowledge. Sellers BS in description. Purchasers desire.

G2

WW2 Mauser Police Banners were some of the most gorgeous Parabellums manufactured by Mauser Werke...to me, especially 1940 examples on, with the 7-line Mauser tonne stamp logo on the main toggle...Beautiful workmanship...

Edward

I think, as G2 already pointed out. Many (if not most) associate the Military marked Luger's to be more desirable. Now looking back, I remember doing the same. As the old saying goes...wish I knew then, what I know now!

Bob

Not every one is into police stuff and I have talked to people that refuse to own it. And there are people that will not own Nazi Luger's, only Luger's from other eras. They say that a nice Nazi military Luger's with two matched mags is rarer than a police rig. What ever floats your boat I guess.

The late Ralph Shattuck is credited with coining the term "Black Widow". Years ago when I was a new collector he was peddling one to me claiming it was used by the Gestapo. Definitely a marketing tool that continues today.
    Tom