Thread: P08 P-block oddity

Default P08 P-block oddity

I'm looking to purchase another P08 and this one was put up for sale recently. It's all matching apart from the magazine. The one thing that is a bit of is the barrel, Is it suppose to be that color?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by balkslakk View Post
    The one thing that is a bit of is the barrel, Is it suppose to be that color?
    The barrel would have been blued separately so a perfect match in color isn't always achieved. The color can be affected by the strength of the solution, the temperature of the solution and the length of time the part was left in it.

The extractor also appears to be slightly reddish or plum colored as well.

IMO it's original to the gun and as it left the factory.
    Lugers; A Century & Counting!

Is it "supposed" to be that color? No, but as Doubs said, there is plenty of evidence that there was variation in the chemical bluing process. Normally I have seen in 1939 a plum receiver and a blued color barrel. But with the correctly numbered barrel that yours has it must be factory original.
    Tom

It is original and normal...no worries...nice '39...

I would be more worried about the developing rust appearing on the top view, on the rear of the pistol's frame...near the "ears"...also the top view of the rear of the toggle "train"...

0000 brass or steel wool, with plenty of oil soak...go gently on the applied pressure...