Thread: Unmarked, In The White Mauser Luger

Default Unmarked, In The White Mauser Luger

I was reading some old articles by Skeeter Skelton, handgun editor for "SHOOTING TIMES" magazine until his death in 1978. In 1969 he wrote a piece on Lugers.

In his article, he wrote about a Luger owned by an Arizona Deputy Sheriff who has served in WW2. His Luger was completely unmarked in any way and in the white. Apparently he had obtained it from the Mauser factory at the end of the war.

Has this Luger, or any like it, shown up in a collection or been reported by members here?
    Lugers; A Century & Counting!

Over the years, I have seen several unmarked or mostly unmarked

A friend had one that was only marked with a 'serial number' on the very rear of the luger (above grip) - I have seen models that people called lunchbox specials - either unmarked or mostly.

About 8 yrs ago, I met up with a guy who had a Simson - had a sn of 7 on maybe 3 parts and the toggle marking, but nothing else.

The lugers were mostly gone by 1945 - but mostly PPK, PP, and P38 were found at Walther and I assume CYQ

Thanks Ed. I was pretty sure that if one existed, there would be more. I just wonder if the Deputy's Luger ended up in someone's collection?
    Lugers; A Century & Counting!

Mauser had enough bits 'n pieces in 1945 to assemble a run of French P08s and even some artilleries. So not impossible.

Co-Author 'The Parabellum Is Back! 1945-2000'.