Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Need Help with Krieghoff Lugers

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Allen W. 
#1 ·
My dad was a collector of lugers, P-38s and broomhandle mausers. I sold the majority of the collection 6 years ago which included 21 lugers, 9 P-38s and 2 broomhandle Mausers. I held on to the 3 Krieghoff lugers but now am ready to sell them. I need some help finding out what these are worth. The list is as follows:

- Krieghoff S Date Serial #1949 Mid-Series (All matching numbers with matching magazine)

- Krieghoff 1936 DateSerial #7645 (All matching numbers but no number on magazine)

- Krieghoff S date Serial #114 (All matching numbers except magazine is #2435)

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#5 ·
Allen, For valuing these 3 pistols, pictures like this are not going to get you anywhere. Plus in none of these 3 photo's did I see pristine. Could be the lighting but finish looks dull, no straw? You need a light box and a Hasleblad. Plus there are a couple of dozen other factors besides finish to determine value.

#7 ·
Allen: Welcome to the forum. Do not be offended by criticism you are about to receive. You asked for help valuing your dad's Lugers, and that will entail pointing out every little flaw seen. This is to be expected and is the only way you will get honest opinions on what you can expect to get for your Lugers.
When you get an idea of what you can expect to get for them, then you need to decide whether you are selling to a friend, listing them on gunbroker, or consigning them through one of the outlets such as Legacy Collectibles or Simpson Ltd....Bill

#9 ·
Bill:
I appreciated your post but realize now that I am probably not ready to deal with this yet. My dad passed away a little over a year ago and these are all that I have physically to remind me of him. I know no offense is intended in the post but the pain it caused feels real. I told myself that these lugers are just "things" but I guess they are more of a connection to my dad than I realized when I can be offended by someone being honest and direct about them. I appreciate the help if only in realizing that. God bless.

Allen

#12 ·
Bill:
Your post did not offend and I appreciated your words and the encouragement. It just was made to realize that I was not over the feelings of loss. I've decided to hang on to the guns as they are of far more value to me as a memory of my dad than they can ever be as a collectible in some else's gun case.
Allen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.