Thread: New Buyer, value opinion

Default New Buyer, value opinion

Hello,

I am looking to buy my first Luger and looking for a generally high quality example. I came across this one from GunBroker and while there are seldom good deals there, it is a decent place to see a large number of examples.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867840649

Can anyone knowledgeable give me an opinion on the originality, condition, and value of this pistol?

Thanks
    Joel

originality, Seems original to me. condition,Looks good..I couldn't find too much wrong. Back grip strap a little rough? Grips are hard to see..not WaA but they might not be on these? I don't know. The guy is asking $2200 with a matching mag..Not a crazy asking price but he's willing to entertain offers? and value doesn't look far out of line IMO especially with the matching mag. But I am no expert. Pistol looks unmolested for the most part. Good luck!
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
    719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

I agree with Jerry. That's a fair price, condition is above average for a salt blue, and looks all original. Better make a reasonable offer quick. It probably won't last

Also, welcome and commendations for asking first!

Many times, a new member will join and ask "how did I do on my first Luger?" And sometimes the answer is, "not good." And that new member will wish that he had asked before he purchased.

Thanks guys. I've seen the "How did I do" scenario play out a number of times with 1911 collectors, so I thought it wise to seek the counsel of those more knowledgeable before committing to a potentially costly mistake!

Pistol looks legit and original...dark photos on grips makes it hard to tell, but not a deal breaker...magazine looks kosher also...all in all, price wasn't cheap, but was fair...good for you...looks better than 85% original blue to me...

Edward