Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This has got to be a record!!! 1937-S/42 rig

Default This has got to be a record!!! 1937-S/42 rig

Mike C.

Way too rich for my wallet!
    John

Smile

Me too, but I had it on my watchlist in case no one else saw it.
    Mike C.

This seller gets discussed on many different forums. And not in a favorable light.

Check this thread. And feel free to search this seller on other forums. All may not be what it seems.... except that I think he caught a BIG fish with 1937 S/42 rig.

https://luger.gunboards.com/showthre...ghlight=gunsrc

And please feel free to peruse the bid history on this Luger sale, you will find a very loyal customer or two!. The last loyal customer (8airborne2) stopped bidding at $5900, and it looks like two others duked it out past eight grand.

Nice 1937 Luger, hard to upgrade on that one.
    Tom

Looks reblued to me.

Straw definitely looks re-heated to me...look at a close up of the SAFETY BAR...looks strawed to me...of course, it should be "in the white"...(or is it just dark oil...?)

This auction would even make "Jack the Dog" envious. His auctions are usually top condition, top dollar.

The mags look like someone cleaned them off pretty good. The right one you can see where they didn't clean the curves. I do not know enough to tell if they've been restamped.

The gun looks nothing like a 1st variation 1937 Mauser with the hump in the upper 7000s s-block I have (~5000 serial numbers away). However, the finish issues could just be the lighting choice. You can see there's a blue tinted light reflecting off places in some of the pictures. When you get closer shots of some of the areas the finish looks much more real (and not as perfect). Could be using the lighting to... drive up the price? We all know how marketing companies use lighting and what not to make those commercials of that cheeseburger look amazing. We all also know how that cheeseburger really looks when we buy at the restaurant. Unfortunately these fellas won't find out until they've paid and get it shipped.

The mags look perfectly original to me. And the blueing as well. Hard to tell on the straw though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast