Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This has got to be a record!!! 1937-S/42 rig

The magazines look good to me also, including the deep rust blue...theoretically the strawing would most likely be original also...maybe the lighting DOES have something to do with it...

In the sales synopsis, it is stated that there are "very few" of these strawed/rust blued 1937 first variation Mausers...maybe pertaining to the first variation "hump back" version...of which only 3,206 were manufactured...of a total of 127,935 manufactured in 1937...this "straight back" version, of which 39,294 were manufactured, not so rare...but fewer in number than the 1935 G-dates...(data #'s from the "Mauser Parabellum" book by Hallock and van de Kant)...

Best way would be inspection "in hand..."

The soft blue hue is a feature of all of his auction pictures. The colored lighting makes guns look a lot better than they actually are in natural light.

I saw nothing wrong with the mags, but there is only one good angle

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    The soft blue hue is a feature of all of his auction pictures. The colored lighting makes guns look a lot better than they actually are in natural light.
    Figures... you can see it if you assess all of the photos carefully. These aren't cheeseburgers, seems shady to me, but I guess a man's gotta eat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12