Thread: 1907 Roth Steyr help

Default 1907 Roth Steyr help

What parts should be numbered on 1907 Roth Steyr pistol? Tnx

The full number of the gun is on the right side of the frame and on the inside of the side plate on the left side of the receiver. I believe the front barrel bushing has the last two digits stamped on it but can't be seen unless removed. I don't believe the barrel and grips are numbered.
    Tim H.
    When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
    ---Thomas Jefferson, 1808

Sorry for the late reply - have been having trouble finding time to visit the forum as of late - and I'm supposed to be retired!

Anyhow, took my M.07 apart and found some additional places marked:
    As Tim said, the right (out)side of frame has full serial number as well as the inside of the left removeable sideplate (which has a wooden grip panel attached). And the front barrel bushing (or Verschlußkopf, socket head) has the last two digits.
    *Now on my Hungarian - Budapest model, the actual Slide (containing the barrel, Verschlußtück) has the last two digits on the front face of the bottom lug as well.
    **And the bottom face of the spring bearing (cylindrical tube at bottom of magazine, Federlager) has the last three digits of my serial number.

The other key for proper parts replacement is that all Austrian "Waffenfabrik Steyr" parts should be stamped with a capital-case "K", while the Hungarian "Fegyvergyár Budapest" parts should have a capital-case "R". However, for just serviceability concerns - all parts are interchangeable regardless of "R" or "K" marked.

Hope this helps (and that I didn't miss anything).
    Jeff

Jeff,
    I think you got them all. I disassembled one of my Austrian manuf. M7's last week and, like your Hungarian M7, had numbers on the base of internal magazine and also the barrel slide.
    Tim H.
    When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
    ---Thomas Jefferson, 1808

Tim - Thanks for the positive confirmation from your Austrian specimen - Good to know. If you wouldn't have offered - it would have been bugging me to the point of asking someone for a follow-up. Jeff