Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Karl Böcker 1940

9K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  WLyon 
#1 ·
Just got this one in today, really happy with it and really like the patent leather look exhibited on holsters made by Karl Böcker. Looks like the name Bark or maybe Barker is scratched on the underside of the flap.

See less See more
#9 ·
There is a super glaring cosmetic error on this fine holster. I cannot recall seeing it before in the 30 years I have been looking at Luger holsters! Anyone else see it?

#11 ·
I actually think I known what you're referring to. Are you talking about the abnormally long relief cut below the buckle? I actually meant to compare it to my others yesterday to see, it did catch my attention. I just checked my others and none of them have it, though I'm a fairly new collector and not totally sure if that's what you're referencing.

#26 ·
I have no idea what "cut lines" means but I can only assume you are meaning the welting lines impressed upon the edges of the left belt loop. BINGO! That is the booger hanging off it's nose. It looks SO out of place!
A modern welting tool has two sides. Slim and wide. I can't say what the Germans used..might have been the same choice. It is possible to mistake one for the other on a modern welting tool until is is impressed upon the leather strap where it becomes glaringly obvious. It is a small error but one that I have NEVER before seen.

#34 ·
Now that all the dust has settled, I'd like to ask a question. I based my mis-spelling answer on the information in the book, "The mauser Parabellum 1930-1946" by Hallock & van de Kant. On page 667, it lists Karl Bocker 3 times with an address of Waldbrohl. On page 673, it shows a 1940 Karl Bocker Holster with an address of Waldbrul..
Can someone clear this up for me? Maybe the old saying is correct, "You can't believe everything you read in books".
Pat

#44 ·
Jerry, I've a similar wide welt line on my 1940 KB too. Very similar in construction to the OP's. Do you see a similar buckle arrangement too?
Can't seem to get the images upright.
Beautiful holster! What I’ve never seen before on other holsters and I’ve noticed this on every KB holster now is the lack of internal belt loop stitching. It seems they found a way to bury it, maybe so the toggle knurling wouldn’t tear up the stitching and reduce its integrity?

#43 ·
Brendan, Excellent photo's! Amazing how similar these are! Your holster seems to have wide welt lines..and even wider on the right side of the left belt loop! The buckle slot is again the weird elongated slot affair. A carbon copy...Thanks for showing. VERY interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.