Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help identify luger

Default Help identify luger

recently came into this luger looking for information and possible value. Has two mismatched magazines and holster with it. The luger itself is mismatched bottom and top. Top says 1937 s/42 with number 27. On side says 60. Another number 3971. Barrel says 3971 on top. Underneath barrel says 5033. Also by release for magazine says 33. Magazines say 8399 with letter h. Other one is 629 with letter n. Holster says ryffel borns1936 with eagle 330. Any help would be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to be a Pre-WW2 1937 upper, mated to a WW1 era Erfurt lower (frame) w/mixed in various upper small parts...the upper appears to be from a hot-salt blued 2nd. variation Mauser Luger...Nazi-era, pre-war...

Though others on this forum are more experienced to fully inform you...Both magazines appear to be WW2 era...

+1
    They say I have ADD, but I don't think they know...HEY! LOOK! A CHICKEN!!

Agree with Edward T, the luger is an assemblage of parts from multiple lugers. The holster looks good on the exterior although it might have been coated with something to make it look more shiny and possibly to cover some scuffing.

[QUOTE=Edward T;926267]Looks to be a Pre-WW2 1937 upper, mated to a WW1 era Erfurt lower (frame) w/mixed in various upper small parts...the upper appears to be from a hot-salt blued 2nd. variation Mauser Luger...Nazi-era, pre-war...

Though others on this forum are more experienced to fully inform you...Both magazines appear to be WW2 era...[/QUOTE

Thanks for quick replies. Any idea of what i should insure it for

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for quick replies. Any idea what i should insure it for

If it is a well-functioning shooter, $800. If non functioning, closer to $600 or $650 JMHO.

Your Luger's major parts are from at least three different Lugers according to the serial numbers. The frame is clearly Erfurt and thus of WW1 vintage. The barrel and receiver are 1937 Mauser while the toggle train came from a different Mauser.

IF the parts are all original to it, I can say that your Erfurt frame was made in either 1916, 1917 or 1918. How do I know this? Because the grip screws are not marked with a crown/letter. 1914 was the last year they marked the screws and Erfurt didn't make any Lugers in 1915.

Not a bad looking Luger for a shooter.
    Lugers; A Century & Counting!

The existence of this Luger is a testament to the concept of 'interchangeable parts'. If it works, that's why it works.

[QUOTE=Bear12453;926295]
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward T View Post
    Looks to be a Pre-WW2 1937 upper, mated to a WW1 era Erfurt lower (frame) w/mixed in various upper small parts...the upper appears to be from a hot-salt blued 2nd. variation Mauser Luger...Nazi-era, pre-war...

Though others on this forum are more experienced to fully inform you...Both magazines appear to be WW2 era...[/QUOTE

Thanks for quick replies. Any idea of what i should insure it for

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for quick replies. Any idea what i should insure it for
    Insure it? Buy a thousand rounds of ammo and try to wear it out.
    Jerry Burney
    11491 S. Guadalupe Dr.
    Yuma AZ 85367
    [email protected]

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
    719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

[QUOTE=lugerholsterrepair;926329]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear12453 View Post
    Insure it? Buy a thousand rounds of ammo and try to wear it out.
    LOL. That's good advice.
    Lugers; A Century & Counting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast