Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Opinions on this 1941 Norwegian 1914....

952 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Len S 
#1 ·
Hi all, this Norwegian 1914 , made in 1941, is being offered to me but I don't know that much about them. All the ones I have seen online have a black parked finish but this one only has a very thin green park with no black visible. All numbers are matching with the exception of the barrel which seems to be Norge as well but numbered .688. As you can see it has pachmyr grips and , I believe , an Argie magazine. A dealer friend of mine has the grips and mag that I can trade for. Asking price of the rig is $1,400. Worth it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Len

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll be honest, I know enough about these to get myself in trouble, but most definitely not as much as others here. My humble opinion is that it is worth $900 tops. The finish has definitely seen better days, the lack of proper magazine, grips, and mismatched barrel drag it down even more. Probably it's only saving grace is that it is a 1941. I would place it as a shooter, or if you absolutely have to fill that hole in your collection. I would happily buy it at $550 or so, because they do shoot wonderfully. The proper magazines can be $150+; the grips, I don't know, but I would imagine they aren't cheap either. All in all I would only buy it to shoot or if you need to fill that exact hole in your collection. Hopefully this helps somewhat, and hopefully others will chime in as well.

#3 ·
walk away from that one at that price. All the comments Deutsch pointed out are correct. mismatched barrel and that is all you know of, there are more internal parts to be concerned with. Wrong grips, wrong mag and then the condition is not the best. walk away...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.