Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

FN1922 Werkschutz Holster

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Yoebuff 
#1 ·
Gents,

I thought I would show a generic brown leather holster for the Werkschutz (Factory Protection Police). This medium size holster was made for the FN 1922 in 7,65mm and surely there are some "AEG" property marked guns out there that could be found. There is one known "AEG Werkschutz" marked semi-automatic FN 1922 on a list compiled by a NAPCA member. Where are the others?

This holster is property marked to the AEG Werkschutz on the front flap but has no other interior or exterior markings. AEG stands for Allgemeine Elektrizitatsgesellschaft Fabrik in Berlin and in Wien at 147, Pirkuetgasse 1. Their production code was "btz" and they manufactured military electrical equipment. They were a large concern and since this holster is marked # "70" there must be at least that many Werkschutz pistols out there. Something else to look for I guess.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: nieuport
#2 ·
Interesting and actually makes some sense.
Ludwig Loewe &Cie. had ties with AEG and their electricity companies merged in 1942. Since pistol production had been transferred to the Quandt group in 1928, and out of Berlin in 1930, it's not unlogical that AEG, through Loewe chose FN, which also had ties with the Loewe group before the end of WW1.

In WW2, FN became DWM Lüttich. Small world ;)

#5 ·
In WW2, FN became DWM Lüttich. Small world ;)
I gather you mean to be facetious here. For those that do not know, the DWM sequestration of FN was very intentional and very vindictive... matters going back to the DWM majority control of FN from 1897 through 1918. The relationship between DWM and FN was and remained toxic.

#3 ·
The AEG marked pistol is pictured in the second edition of FN Browning Pistols... I would like to show this holster in the third edition and will send you a PM.

Thanks
Anthony

#4 ·
Gents,

There is one known "AEG Werkschutz" marked semi-automatic FN 1922 on a list compiled by a NAPCA member. Where are the others?

is that No. 1104 which I show in the book or another number?

#6 ·
I will be happy to share my holster photographs with you Anthony. Here are a couple of more shots of the holster as well as three variations of the Werkschutz sleeve patch. The cloth one is for EM while the bullion ones are for Officers and NCO.

Attachments

#7 ·
very interesting thread to say the least. Honestly, other than the AEG pistol in Anthony's book, I never saw another. Honestly Shupo, I would not expect more than a hundred or more of these out there, so I would not be surprised that you are not finding them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.