Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

F.B. Radom Ng30

21K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  HansJacob 
#1 ·
Well the Sun, Moon and Planets aligned for me this past weekend at the SCACA show.

F.B. Radom Ng30 "Nagant" revolver, serial 5499, dated 1932. This is only the second Ng30 I have actually held and the first opportunity to acquire an example.....life is good.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 · (Edited)
Robert, thanks for the photos of your Ng30, a beautiful example.

Gosh, what a beautiful scene, that last photo. I'll bet there are a few large fish lurking there that I would like to invite to supper.

#33 ·
Robert, thanks for the photos of your Ng30, a beautiful example.

Gosh, what a beautiful scene, that last photo. I'll bet there are few large fish lurking there that I would like to invite to supper.

Francis,

You are more than welcome on the Ng30 pic's. The island we go to is great for fishing but the best is the HUGE crab and shrimp people pull out of the sound. I don't have a boat but almost every night people (who we didn't even know) gave us fresh crab and shimp as they walked past our RV... I gave them cold beer and mixed drinks.

We were there for ten day's and just love it.

Robert

Attachments

#37 ·
Terri,

Nice to see you posting to the Site, welcome.

Thank you for the serial and date information, it is appreciated and congratulations on acquiring a quite scarce pistol.

#42 ·
Delivery amount

Bill,
the mathematical background is as follows:
1.Precondition is that you can recognize that all noticed serial numbers are rather regular scattered. Without larger gaps.

2. Calculate the difference from each serial number to the next one.
3. Add all the these results.
4. Devide this sum by the number of the differences. You have got now the average difference.
5. Add this average difference to the highest serial number of your data base.
6. This is the result.

One can get it with less work with this equation:

X = L (n+1)/n - 1

X = the total quantity you want to know.
L = the highest noticed serial number.
n = the number of the known serial numbers.

#43 ·
My Ng30

Just found your site and thought I'd add another serial number to your list. I have 9964R made in 1935. My father brought it home in 1945 and apparently mother wasn't impressed, so he told her it was broken and he'd purchased it from another soldier on the ship during the trip home. I've since had it checked out by a gunsmith and fired it; it works just fine! As to where he actually got it; he passed away in 1985 so only he knows.

#44 ·
Heinrich About 45 years ago I was given a F.B. RADOM Ng30 7 short revolver serial number
1935R on the left frame side and 7141 on the right. It is in reasonably good condition except the top of the hammer at the firing pin holding screw, is broken off and is missing with the firing pin. Is it possible to get a replacement, if so where? I hope to sell or trade towards a luger. Thanks JOHNM

#45 ·
Missing parts

JOHNM, I think that the missing screw for the firing pin is only a small pin. I have compared these parts of my Radom revolver with those of the Russian types.
The result is that both are identical.
So I recommend to purchase the parts in your country. I did find them in a few minutes.
If there are problems don't hesitate to contact me.

#46 ·
Hello,

I recently acquired an F.G. Radom Ng30 from my Grandfather. He was in the US Navy from 1942 to 1945. He received it from an infantryman who got it from a Nazi Officer. It sounds very similar to User Lee’s story. My Grandfather is still alive (97 years old) and can provide more information for which I would be happy to share here.

The revolver itself is in very fair condition with some rust and worn blueing finish. To add to your database, it has 1932 stamped into the left side, with matching serial numbers throughout of 5557. Very close to OP’s serial number!

Something interesting with this one is that it has approximately 15 or more additional symbols stamped into it throughout. Including a Shield, a Hexagon with a D in the middle, a Swastika, what looks like an Apple, Crosshairs, a Jesus Fish, and an Arrow pointing both ways; to name a few.

I have known it is a rare piece simply for the fact of how my Grandfather came to acquire it, but I had no idea just how rare it is after reading everyone’s accounts of how they came to acquire theirs. I am not interested in selling it, I just hope to add to this forum’s discussion and thusly help to document the history of these rare gems.

If anyone would like me to ask my Grandfather any questions, please let me know, and do not hesitate to ask. He is a great man who loves sharing his experiences and making people smile.

Thank you,
Hans Jacob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.