Thread: G Date P.08 Heer Rig

Default G Date P.08 Heer Rig

Good Evening Fellow Collectors,

As was started by a good friend and advanced collector, Leo Lavallee, I’d like to continue with the weekly show and tell of a piece from my collection. Now on to Third Reich army so here is the first Luger that I purchased.

Mauser P.08 G Date S/42 S/N 749f, Subvariation 2. It is not particularly outstanding but it is all matching, except the magazine, and is in decent shape. The grip panels are unnumbered.

The magazine that came with the pistol is interesting. Numbered 175 f with a droop E/63 but it was stamped twice (once sideways).

I like to try and find related accoutrement for complete rigs for my collectible pistols. Here is a non-matching droop E/63 “+” extra mag and a droop E/63 stamped tool.

The holster is maker marked and dated. The maker mark is weak but according to my reference books it is “WILHELM BRAND/HEIDELBERG” and dated 1935. According to Bender the proof should be WaA204. The droop E/WaA20 is discernable. I believe the holster was re-dyed, unfortunately, at some point. I uploaded a larger picture of the holster stamping and proof.

Joe Pirolo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JoeP.08; 10-06-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: re-wording
    "It's good to be a great man but it's great to be a good man." Joseph F Pirolo Sr. (1934-2010)

Default More Photos

More photos of holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's good to be a great man but it's great to be a good man." Joseph F Pirolo Sr. (1934-2010)

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
    James

Joe
    Excellent presentation of your G-Date With DE63 DE63 acceptance stamps, proper mags, and rare 1935 dated holster.
    Thanks for posting
    Jan
    Jan C Still
    Site Owner - Operator