Thread: G Date Navy Magazine

Default G Date Navy Magazine

I recently made a very fair and equitable trade with one of our highly respected forum members and obtained a very nice luger magazine, specifically a mid ' 30's navy luger mag. I traded for this mag to add a proper naval N property marked mag for my G date navy. A beautiful dent free nickel mag that fits perfectly in my gun. Looking in Jan's Third Reich Lugers under the listings of reported navy lugers on page 106 to verify that it fit into the known 1935 serial range, I saw that not only was it a proper G date mag, but that it was specifically listed in that column as a known reported gun with the matching 1015f serial and navy property N1185 (mine is the 2nd mag, N1185x). So now I have a dilema. On one hand I feel a certain moral and fellow collector obligation to make an effort to reunite this mag with the original gun, and to make its owner's day, who more than likely is a member of this forum since the gun has been reported at some point to Jan's G date listing. On the other hand I do not want to get off of this mag, because realistically what are the chances of finding another loose G date navy mag in this condition to replace for my (1 of only 700 1935 naval procured) gun. So let me say up front that this mag is not for sale, however if someone can show me that they are the current owner of G date navy luger 1015f / N1185 I will be open for some sort of trade that can at least replace my mag with a proper equal condition 1935 Nordsee marked mag for my gun.

I spoke with Jan on the phone the other day to see if by chance he had records that might show who had submitted the info to him on the gun in question. After explaining the situation to Jan, it was quickly apparent to me that it would require a hand search of a mountain of paper, so that was obviously not an option. He understood my dilema and suggested I list the information on this forum, and hopefully the info will circulate and the owner found. The risk here is that the owner of 1015f / N1185 will be found but won't be able to come up with a proper navy mag to trade. And then I'll feel sort of guilty holding onto this mag knowing that the gun owner is chomping at the bit to obtain the matching mag to his rare navy luger. So, I'm trying to do the right thing here to help one fellow forum member upgrade his luger rig as long as I'm not left with an empty gun. By the way, my luger is 4212d / N1677, so if anyone has one of THOSE mags I'd love to reunite it with my gun too! Please post or email if you have any info. I'm not on the forum as often as I'd like so maybe post and email so I'll get the message ASAP.

Gary

Gary

That is a very credible way to do buisness, I,m sure once the owner is identified he will find a suitable mag for you. It is good that you are asking for a photo as proof

Thank you Lugerlou for your kind words. Much appreciated. Hopefully this will result in a nice 74 year old reunion of two historically significant pieces.