Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help to identify my byf Luger08

Default Please help to identify my byf Luger08

Hi guys,

Writing from Turkey. Could you please help me to identify my Luger (byf marked) and approx. price? Thanks a lot..

Hi Kurt,
    Welcome to the forum! All that we can tell you about your Luger without photos, is that it was made by Mauser in either 1941 or 1942 (the last two digits of the date should be stamped over the chamber).
    Regards, Norm

Norm, thanks so much for your reply. Unable to atrach photos.. there is a hint for using photos?

Unable to see MANAGE ATTACHMENTS

Is there any special subscription or admin setup to add photos?

Hi Kurt,
    Maybe one of the moderators can walk you through the process, it's fiendishly and unnecessarily complicated in my opinion.
    Good luck, Norm

You'll find a number of items posted with information about posting photos in your threads here:
    https://luger.gunboards.com/forumdis...T-FOR-FIREARMS

Typically, you should use a software program to size the photos to about 1024 pixels along the longest axis, and take the pictures in natural shaded light (no flash) using a tripod and a camera that can focus on detail properly.

Photos without detail are not useful, and those taken with flash wash out the finish making it impossible to judge.

Photos are attached to posts using the "Advanced Editor" (there is a button at the bottom of the edit dialog).

If using a phone or tablet is not working, consider logging in through a PC browser like Chrome.

https://luger.gunboards.com/showthre...-**new-forum**
    Igitur si vis pacem, para bellum -
    - if you wish for peace, prepare for war.

here are Kurt's pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They say I have ADD, but I don't think they know...HEY! LOOK! A CHICKEN!!

You have a "mixmaster"; a Luger made up of several different guns as indicated by the differing serial numbers.The frame is Mauser and the receiver is also Mauser made in 1941 as evidenced by the "41" over the chamber. The barrel appears to be original to the receiver. The toggle train may be original to the frame but not the receiver. You do not show the serial number on the frame so it's possible that the side plate and take down lever are original to the frame but not the receiver.

It has been through a civilian proof house but I'm not certain where. The Crown/Z and NP suggest a British country or former colony but I don't have a reference for the C/Z or other proof markings.

Your Luger would be classed as a "shooter" in the USA and if it works correctly, it should be a good one.
    Lugers; A Century & Counting!

Thank you so much @doubs. Great info! As the Nazi markings still there, maybe the gun is captured and marked by the Allies in advance. What are your thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot, finally my pics are here )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast