Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ku DATA REQUEST

Jim... It sure does help... new number and early production based on reported pistols. Any chance of a picture of the L/H side showing the full serial number and Ku ? Are the numbers and the "K" about the same size ???
    The other thing you might check is they may be a barrel acceptance stamp other than the S/42 and it will be found on the L/H side of the barrel just above the E/LA stamp.

Thanks again.....
    dave

Dave, the serial number on the left side is larger then the Ku. I did find another proof very faint on the barrel with my 10 power loop. it is
    a opened boxed W followed by a open boxed 154. very much like a G date proof. I had no idea it was there. I must work on my
    camera to take a picture for you.

Jim

Jim... Thanks for the additional information. A picture of the serial number and Ku stamp on the L/H side would be really helpful. If you have a problem uploading just send to me at [email protected] and I will post it for you.

List updated and thanks again....
    dave

Jim... I added a couple of pictures to the first page to help show the difference between normal and large...
    dave

I added my KU luger to the 41byf list some time back, but I thought I'd add some more info details and photos for this sticky. 1261KU is, in my opinion, original finish throughout and has what I interperate as the large serial numbers. It has the typical couple of Mauser armorer's replacement parts, one of which is an un-serialed, un-bore gauged G-date W/154 S/42 marked barrel, which also has the LZA on the left side. In addition to the barrel, there is a LZA stamp alone on the right side of the receiver with no accompanying eagles, and a LZA on the left side of the breechblock. The chamber is dated 41, the middle link is byf and serialed, and the rear link is un-numbered. Inside of sideplate unmarked, toggle link pin un-numbered, hold-open 42 code marked. There are RW stamps under the rear link and left rear receiver rail. The safety lever is serialed to the gun on the top edge side, but on the bottom displays the Mauser 42 replacement code. The rest of the gun is all matching except for a S/42 replacement mag. Under the chamber are inspector code stamps as follows: capitol 'A', a lower case 'a', a small number 7, and a partial strike that may be an 'O'. (Interestingly, the A, 7 and O are all listed by Randall Gibson on page 134 of his Krieghoff luger book as being common to KU lugers.) The grips are both serialed 1261 and both bear E/655 stamps. There is a clear 'V' stamp on the right grip, and a faint partial stamp that may or may not be a V on the left grip. There is a machining flaw, kind of a small warp look, on the left side of the lower frame flat area directly below where the safety protrudes up to the sear. I'd assume that during normal luger production, a machining variance like this would get an instant inspector rejection. However, sometime back I noticed that another Forum member posted photos of his 1048KU luger, a nearby serialed gun with a similar flaw in the same spot. Additional photos in posts below.

.KU Luger 013.jpgKU Luger 018.jpgKU Luger 019.jpgKU Luger 023.jpgKU Luger 027.jpgKU Luger 034.jpgKU Luger 037.jpgKU Luger 038.jpg
    Last edited by GMD; 10-24-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Last edited by GMD; 12-17-2011 at 01:29 PM.

And a few more 1261KU photos. I'll also post the other Forum member's 1048KU to show the similar flaw, along with the nearby large serial numbers. I hope I'm not violating any rules doing so:

:200415212814_Ku1a.jpg

:KU Luger 051.jpgKU Luger 056.jpgKU Luger 058.jpgKU Luger 065.jpgKU Luger 066.jpg

KU Luger 081.jpg
    Last edited by GMD; 10-23-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Gary... Outstanding presentation,education and pictures..... Doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for the help. I see this pistol is listed in THE MAUSER PARABELLUM 1930-1946. List updated.

Would you be kind enought to email me the picture of the serial number as I would like to include it on the first page as an example of the large numbers. I don't know how to do that directly from your posting here. [email protected] will get it to me.... Thanks again....
    dave

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I'll be emailing you a few photos of the serial numbers in a moment. However, for other photos you might find on the Forum or elsewhere that you want a copy of, try a right click on the photo, select 'Save Picture As..." in the window that opens, then when the next window opens click 'Save' next to the file name. I have all my saved photos initially going to 'My Pictures', then depending what they are I then send them to other specific folders. At least thats the way it works for Windows. Don't know about Macs.

Attached are photos of three L.Z.A. kü marked P.08 pistols. They all conform to the standard examples that have been reported to date. 1939 byf 1956kü , 41-42 kü3301 and 41 byf kü3599. The kü assembled P.08's using 1939 dated receivers are not often encountered. Each of these three examples have unnumbered magazines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abzug; 07-29-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    abzug

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast