Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Ku DATA REQUEST

abzug... Thanks for the great pictures of the Ku pistols. I note they were both listed in Randall Gibson's THE KRIEGHOFF PARABELLUM. Could not make out the barrel acceptance stamps on the L/H side just above the ELA proof. Would also ask if I am seeing a stamp on the R/H side of the breechblock in the second picture ??

Both outstanding examples of Ku pistols.....
    dave

Dave,I provided the kü data on these two to Randall in the late '70's. The barrels of each have E/655 inspection marks above the E/LA proofs. The right breech block marks are replacement parts inspections on kü3599, photo attached. Both pistols were assembled using surplus parts inspected in different periods.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abzug; 10-25-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    abzug

My Ku is a East German Police rework. The Luger is in the VOPO configuration with all matching numbers. The serial number is 1834 Ku with the receiver date of 1938. The toggle has the byf marking. The KU Luftwaffee mark is on the 4" barrel and the receiver. The grips are the VOPO black plastic bulls eye configuration. The VOPO magazine is matching. The receiver has a small S/42 marking.
    Dick Herman

abzug... Thanks for the reply. I think that is the first time I have noticed the R/H side breechblock stamped like that.

List updated and thank you for joining in...
    dave

Dick... Thanks for the new number. Any chance of some pictures ???
    dave

In 2002 I bought an interesting pistol that may or may not have any connection to Ku but did have the E/LA stamps on the R/H side of the barrel and receiver. The receiver was a 1917 date Navy 6573 with a 42 code E/63 barrel rather crudely stamped to match the receiver. The frame was 3821t. A parts gun for sure but the intersting point is that IMO whoever used the E/LA acceptance most probably was building from parts either before or after the Ku run. Perhaps another part to the Ku puzzle ???
    dave

Dave, that is a very interesting luger. The Army Depots- H.Za, replaced the earlier Artillerie-Werkstätten in 1920. They were authorized to assemble and repair lugers and to proof pressure test them. The E/LA is used as a proof in place of the 1939 Reichsadler Eagle Proof. What ever the LA (LZa) was, it had the same authority to rebuild and proof test pistols as the H.Z.a.
    abzug

Kelly Hicks has sent along a great picture of his matching mag for his Ku 3657..
    dave

jfxcushman is offline Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords

Dave, looks like Kelly's grip is engraved type. Jerry
    Jerry C
    Va, USA

"Say what you mean, mean what you say."

Jerry... I'm thinking panagraphed ....
    dave

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast