Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ku DATA REQUEST

I have posted a copy of Dave's comments over on the Numbered Black Plastic Mag Study sticky as I think it really belong there as well. I have also posted some pictures of a little testing I did with my Craftsman soldering gun and I got different results.....
    dave

Dave: I have also seen similiar discussions regarding the hot needle test, and believe it does indicate if a material is bakelite type or not. It could be however, that the heated needle is not at nearly the temperture that the soldering gun produces, and perhaps thats a difference. Your experiment does appear to displace the plastic significantly around the edges of the marking, whereas the numbering on the KU mags appears to have less pronounced "ridges".

Hmm,

I promised to get back on the Kü 3720 I reported. About time I did:

Well, the gun is a puzzle in it's own right, apart from being a proper Kü. As expected, the barrel and several small parts bear markings that identify them as Mauser made spares. The gun comes with a crudely electropencilled rack number on the trigger guard / front of the frame, which has been redone, as below the number is the remains of the same rack number, blued over. This shows that the pistol has been refinished somewhere during its 'post war' service life (I guess), as it also has a nice clear East-German police district marking. The pistol doesn't show the normal VoPo/DDR rework pattern, and retains its original, well worn, grips.

It seems that this pistol was kept in service, somewhere in Eastern-Germany, for a very long time, being identified by 'rack number 71'. Nice enigma.

DSCF1685.jpg

DSCF1686.jpg

DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

Co-Author 'The Parabellum Is Back! 1945-2000'.

Vlim... Thanks for the additional information. List updated.
    dave

Dave: Just noticed this one with one alum. matched mag. 41, byf toggle, S42 replacement barrel, standard markings. 1702Ku, un-numbered wood grips.
    http://www.legacy-collectibles.com/s...ftwaffe-marked

StanD... Thanks.... new number added to the list...
    dave

I have added a new section at the end showing pistols that IMO might have some connection to trying to figure this Ku thing out. Certainly falls under "long shot" but this is all about a search for knowledge...
    Last edited by taudelt; 07-04-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    dave

#9932 (sorry no suffix), DMW 1918/1920 ex-artillery, replacement WWII E/655 4" barrel with Ku Proof. No other Ku proofs present on the gun. Unit marked "10.18."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patrick... Thanks for posting the pictures. List updated. My opinion is that pistols like yours and the others listed were reworked at some point in time after the Ku guns were done. I think there were left over parts that had received the E/LA acceptance or Ku stamp and were used as needed.

I would welcome others opinions on this theory...
    dave

Thanks to David Rachwal I have added 1699Ku to the list. Matching alum mag. Exactly like the Ku pictured on page 559 of THE MAUSER PARABELLUM. Also see what I call Type 5 mag bottom on the Numbered Black Plastic Mag study...

https://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...magazine-study
    dave

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast