Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mauser Banner Police P.08's 1938-1942 E/K,F,C,L

Abzug...this is an old thread, but the Eagle/D mag in my PTV assembled part DMW/part Erfurt pistol with the Schwye safety (no mag safety) was probably around a 1934-35 production. I've post about it previously. the pistol is "matching" numbers (PTV restamps) except for the holdopen, and the mag is an aluminum bottom with no markings aside from a "2" at the top, the pistol number and a perfect Eagle/D below that. The barrel was a cut down artillery.

Maybe you can assign the "Eagle/D" marking to an inspector at the PTV in the mid '30s if nothing else helps you identify where he fits in?

Chuck, thank you for the information. You make a good point. If I remember correctly, the SE/ was required in mid 1937. I have seen it on matching mags for S/42 1937's that still had DE/ receiver inspections. In "The Mauser Parabellum", the authors estimate SE/D appeared in 1939. SE/D on Police mags are not often encountered. Examples with the Star/D from the Weimar period seem more plentiful.

Also shown, examples of the later E/C Police Inspected magazine that is more often encountered.Weimar Police mag Star D-2017-05-04.jpgSE-D Police mag2017-05-03.jpgHaenel Schmeisser Eagle-C unnumbered mags2013-01-27.jpg
    Last edited by abzug; 04-22-2018 at 02:44 PM.
    abzug

abzug... only one I have run into...
    dave

Dave, nice example, thanks for the photo.
    abzug

Gunboards has a E/l sn number1 for sale.....

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...uger-Mag...... passing info....
    Al
    "Always improve your position"
    "When it's over I want to hit the ground like a spent shell"

4149 EagleD #1 Police Mag.jpg

Here it is....4149 numbered to the pistol. DWM frame, Erfurt artillery upper, re-stamped toggle train to match

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12