Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown Coarse HK Grip Data Request

Shayne... Thanks. Could you post some pictures? First DWM/41 I have heard of. Could be a good "learning" pistol.
    dave

Dave,

Will post photos under your Ku thread.
    Shayne

Dabbling on the dark side - 42 1940 s/n 9949h w/Krieghoff brown grips (may be 99xxh in first post?).

Jeff.... I do not recall having that one and suspect it may have come from Jan's data. Perhaps he might join in and can shed some light here. Thanks for posting.
    dave

Jeff and Dave
    See page 65 Third Reich Lugers, (published 1988). Under: 1940-- 42 code Chacteristics: “About 2% have black plastic grips while a very few have Krieghoff type coarse checkered brown plastic grips.
    Jan
    Also see: 1940 42 code luger grip variations, walnut, brown plastic, and black bakelite
    Jan C Still
    Site Owner - Operator

Jan/Jeff.... Added the new number to the list with note about 99xxh. I found the number on some notes from 2012 but do not really recall where it came from. My guess is that it is probably the same pistol. Tough getting good help. Thanks to all for the input
    dave

Hi Dave,

I just won this pair on eBay...will have to see if they are real HK brown grips or not when I have them home in a few days.

I placed a low bid assuming they might be nicely made "repros" which I like and can always use. Won the auction for $ 52.

But the photos from eBay do look a bit more promising.

Question : Should I expect the holes to be threaded ?

Pete.... I am pretty sure the following are correct. Not sure that they were "threaded" in the sense of someone tapping a hole. They did use some type of tool to extract them from the molds but I am not sure what that looked like but would love to see an example. I have gotten to know one of the young men that imports them from Russia and he told me once that the "next generation" will be bakelite and pass the "hot pin" and famous Ebbink castanets tests. He reads this Forum and the books...... and so it goes.....
    dave

Thanks Dave for your posting.

Will let you know when I get this pair home.

BTW...once the repros get that good, we can just be blissfully ignorant
    Last edited by Pete E.; 03-12-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Dave,

Got the grips home. They are a very nice repro pair...so have moved them to my shooter safe.

Well made, fit 3-4 guns perfectly from different eras, made of a lighter weight thermoplastic. No fibers in the resin.

All four holes in the back of the grips are fully threaded and take the grip screw threads.

They go "tick-a-tee-tick" and not "clack-a-tee-clack" when you rap them on a table top or against each other.
    Last edited by Pete E.; 03-15-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast