Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Norwegian spare parts list for P08 from 1953

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Vlim 
#1 ·
Dear all,

I acquired this document for my collection.
It is a Norwegian list from 1953 with the order numbers for P08 parts.
Personally, I always thought that the norwegians were not able to obtain spare parts and that they had to cannibalize broken guns to obtain the necessary parts. Therefore, I am very interested to know where these parts could be ordered (it is probably in the document but my Norwegian is a bit rusty). Is it a centralized military source with salvaged parts or does it involve a commercial source with new spare parts?

Thanks,
Dennis

Attachments

#2 ·
Dennis, I bought some parts from a friend of mine who lives in Norway, he said a lot of spare parts were left behind.

I would assume they might have had some made, but who was making parts? Swiss? or East Germany? or in-house?

#3 ·
Hi Edward,

Thanks for sharing this info! I always had the impression that the norwegian were desperate for P08/P38 parts and therefore
I was surprised to find this document that shows that parts could just be ordered.

I got this document and a Norwegian M/08 (1949) manual together with some P38 documents.
My main interest is the P38 and therefore I would be interested in moving the M/08 spare list and manual.
Do you perhaps have an idea on the value of these??

Thanks!
Dennis

#4 ·
We found some correspondence between the Kongsberg Arsenal and Mauser in the 1960s where the Kongsberg Arsenal explained to Mauser that they had been manufacturing spare parts for the P08 and were quite happy to produce parts for Mauser as well.

Reactions: Kudzu‘s Kid
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.