Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Melior , Jieffeco and Phoenix the serial numbers

I note that certain of these early guns are marked in German "Selbstlade Pistole". I also note that in the 1911 ALFA catalogue, on page 109, is pictured a Jieffeco pistol with the JF&Co. monogram on the grips but with the inscription scratched off. This gun is labeled ALFA Patent. I suspect that these "Selbstlade Pistole"s were the guns sold by ALFA (Adolf Frank). Does anyone know if there are any other markings on these guns?

On number 16751 the spring housing is fixed in place by the barrel being "mushroomed" at the end. Looks as if someone even tried putting it in a bench vise to attempt to take it apart. Has anyone else seen this? Factory or later modification/malfunction? IMG_6528.jpg

I don't know what the problem is .
    Can't you do a pistol dismantle?
    I have long noticed that this gun has a large scratch on the recoil spring housing .
    №16751аа.jpg

Vaclav

Quote Originally Posted by buff51 View Post
    I note that certain of these early guns are marked in German "Selbstlade Pistole". I also note that in the 1911 ALFA catalogue, on page 109, is pictured a Jieffeco pistol with the JF&Co. monogram on the grips but with the inscription scratched off. This gun is labeled ALFA Patent. I suspect that these "Selbstlade Pistole"s were the guns sold by ALFA (Adolf Frank). Does anyone know if there are any other markings on these guns?
    Ed,
    I will explain to you who sold Melior pistols with this markings when you can start working together on the article.

Regards,
    Vaclav

Vaclav, no it does not dismantle. Only thing I can do is take the screw out of the spring and remove the hammer. The spring housing is fixed to the frame due to the barrel being mushroomed at the end. Never had any issues with Meliorís before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale-Small View Post
    Vaclav, no it does not dismantle. Only thing I can do is take the screw out of the spring and remove the hammer. The spring housing is fixed to the frame due to the barrel being mushroomed at the end. Never had any issues with Melior’s before.
    Probably someone wedged the barrel at the muzzle .
    And now you can't remove the recoil spring housing ?
    In this case, you will need a WD-40(Or other liquid deep-penetrating technical oil ), a polyuritan hammer, a wooden bar 100X30X30 cm, and diamond paste .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12