Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Figured I would ask here -- Kongsberg Colt M1914 magazine pouches

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Anthony Vanderlinden 
#1 ·
So far I have only seen the three-magazine leather ones, and they are pricey.

* Were all the pouches leather?

* Are they less expensive in Norway?

* Is anyone reproducing them?

See less See more
#2 ·
What you are showing is a postwar variant with soft leather.

I import a bit from Norway/Europe and brought in hundreds of mags, holsters and some pouches years ago.

I can ask around but need to know what you are looking for? Prewar is very expensive. Do you want mags with them?

Anthony

#6 ·
I am honored you have replied to my thread, I really enjoyed your FN book.

Looking for something at a non-insane price point, so postwar. Was hoping they had made canvas pouches but leather could work.

Do you by chance import parts? The biggies for me are grip screw bushings. Norwegian ones flare out at the base.

#4 ·
I rarely see these pouches. The ones I do see are either brown or black. At a Las Vegas show several years ago, an "authority" on Norwegian 1914's explained to me that one color went to the infantry and the other to a different type unit (artillery?). Is there a distinction? When I do see these pouches w/the correct mags they are generally priced over $400.
Tim H.

#5 ·
It was believed that the brown holsters were army but Karl Hanevik in his book KONGSBERG COLTEN shows brown holsters/pouches marked Norske Marine. There may have been a distinction at some time but black and brown appear to have been used by all branches... I know that the maker marked holsters and pouches are definitely prewar, it gets tricky for unmarked ones, the better construction ones are older. Stuff made in the 1970s and 1980s are clearly made of thin leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.