Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Khyber Pass Makarov...

GONRA sez: GUYS - those are MILLING MACHINE MARKS.
    NOT Khyber Pass HAND FILING marks!
    Where did the "2" come from? NOT "Khyber Pass"!

Remember mills and lathes have been around.. Nothing says kp can't have a dusty ok ww1 mill laying on a dirt floor.

Thatís seriously cool! I have a Kyber martini Henry in .303. But this is so much cooler. Very nice conversation piece.

https://silahreport.com/2020/06/22/e...unkhwa-origin/

While in Afghanistan we received the unique opportunity to examine a 9◊18mm PM Makarov-patterned self-loading handgun that was produced in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (خیبر پښتونخوا, Land of the Pakhtuns) region of northeastern Pakistan (formerly known as the North West Frontier Province, NWFP). Small arms produced in this region have been colloquially referred to as “Khyber Pass Guns” in the West due to their point of travel into Afghanistan through the passage of steep mountain valleys between Torkham in Pakistan and Jalalabad in Afghanistan.... (see link above)

Co-Author 'The Parabellum Is Back! 1945-2000'.

I have a Russian military issue Makarov that came back from Desert Storm. It came from a burned out Iraqi truck and the springs have lost their temper and, I suspect, so has the frame and slide. The frame and slide are not matching but both are Russian. Even with the fire damage, it's easy to see that the machine work is much smoother than on the OP's pistol. IMO, the OP is correct that his gun came from the Kyber Pass area.
    Lugers; A Century & Counting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12