Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Unique Item - Polizei 9mm Cleaning Kit

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Player 
#1 ·
Hello,
Not sure if this is the correct location for this post but I wanted to share this with my new friends. It was given to me as a gift by a dear friend. I sent its photos (attached) to one of my Polizei contacts in Munchen and this is what he said:

"That´s a pretty rare item you got there!!!! The exact year is hard to trace BUT you can narrow it down to a span of
6 years... 1946 - 1952. Because that county Württhemberg - Hohenzollern only existed in that time span. It was founded during
the French occupation after the liberation 1945 and in 1952 it was united again with Baden and Württhemberg - Baden ( US - Sector)
and it´s since then called Baden - Württhemberg and is our neighbor county in the west. During that timespan there were only one million citizens and therefor only a few cops!!! I think it was for a Walther P38 (9mm) as it was a very common handgun for the police in that area at that time... I am sorry I can´t be more specific."

Well that's pretty specific as far as I'm concerned. If anyone has anything else to add I welcome your opinions.
My best,
Vince

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice. Probably more for the P08 and P38 produced by Mauser under French control. It is thougt that most of these guns were sold to Austria when France pulled out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.