Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Early war Walter 22 cal.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  english 
#1 ·
I was finally able to acquire a war time Walther PP 22. I'm not sure of the actual numbers produced? (any help?). The finish is just like my early Army marked Walther PP (They look exactly the same except for the markings). I was surprised by how heavy it was. As seen in the pictures, it has muzzle wear and a slight wear line on the edge of the slide but the condition is very good over all.
I added The early war time Walther 32 and a late war 32 PP for comparison. I'd like to add those war time 22s are not cheap but Tom from Lagacy was very fair with me!!
Thanks for looking,
Joe

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice Joe :) I have held a couple and noticed they are heavier, assume since it has more metal in the barrel it makes it heavier?

I get the impression that like the SS stuff (alleged or real), that since some of the .22 PP's are rumored to be assigned to the SS that the demand is there.

Although I think that since it is a much rarer cartridge than the .32 acp that is why they are cost more.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.