Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

M81 cartridge box, second model. Württemberg field artillery unit.

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  DreyseM62 
#1 ·
I wanted to share this Reichsrevolver cartridge box (Kartusche) M/81 for 18 rounds of revolver ammunition. Introduced 1890 and made between 1890 and 1899. It´s unit marked A.R. 13 (Feldartillerie-Regiment König Karl, 1. Württembergisches, Nr. 13, Ulm) A.R. 49 and F.A.R. 49 (3. Württembergisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 49, Ulm). The flaming bomb is typical for the field artillery regiments. KR stands for King Karl of Württemberg.

The second model cartridge box was introduced because of the narrow shoulder belt. The use of revolver cartridge boxes was discontinued by September 1915 (source: H. Harders Reichsrevolver book). A rare accessory for the Reichsrevolver. All I need now is an original cleaning/ejection rod.
Regards, Wolfgang

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Today I wanted to share another second model M81 cartridge box from the collection of a friend of mine.
It´s unit marked 2. Batterie 1. Pomm. Feld-Art.-Regt. Nr. 2 and belonged to the "Einjährig-Freiwilligen" (one-year volunteer) Matthes.
Regards, Wolfgang

Attachments

#15 ·
Very nice pouches and accessories. While I am rather new to Reichsrevolver collecting, I have picked up some pouches and belts. Will provide some photos to solicit some opinions.

BTW, I would like to find a RR cleaning rod. Not sure if they are available at shows like the Kasseler Waffenbörse, but I am generally focused on other areas of interest when there. Mainly Zündnadelgewehre, etc.

Willi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.